Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New NYX Stuff!

I have a small NYX haul with some swatches. I'll admit, NYX isn't my favorite brand, mostly due to the disappointment I suffered with their matte eyeshadows, but I saw on Bentley Blonde's YouTube channel, here, that they had new matte lip glosses and I was soooo excited. I couldn't find them anywhere for awhile, but recently my Ulta reorganized their drugstore makeup section and added these. 











Soft Matte Lip Cream 
Istanbul
This is the first one I saw and I thought it would be a nice neutral pink with a small pop of color. It's a little brighter than that! It's really pretty, and I would recommend this as a good starting point to trying these. 











Soft Matte Lip Cream
Antwerp
I haven't quite tried this on my lips yet(although it's one of my favorite shades ever...so far) but it really looks  amazing in the tube and on my hand. 

The texture of these is odd, it's almost a super creamy gloss at first but then dries to a matte lipstick. It's not moisturizing, but does not feel drying until it's been on the lips for around 3 hours. Which, coincidentally, is when it starts looking nasty. 











Mega Shine Lip Gloss
Natural
I have been wanting to try these glosses for awhile, but I haven't gotten the chance. I have to say, on one end I am impressed with the pigmentation and coverage of these glosses but I'm disappointed at how thick they are. It kind of reminds me of the new Lady Gaga gloss, but then again I haven't seen it in person. 











Eyeshadow 
Sahara
I swatched this ages ago and fell in love!!! To me, this is a color everyone needs. It can be used as a lid color, a highlight, or even to blend out some shadows. It's very versatile, and has a great texture.


Here are some other pictures. I wanted to take pictures of the glosses on my lips, but that'll have to be in another post because I'm exhausted and want to get this post up. Sorry!
















No comments:

Post a Comment