Saturday, February 5, 2011

Everyday Minerals Try Me Samples





So awhile back...probably a good two weeks I ordered 7 or 8 'Try Me' sized samples from Everyday Minerals. Lately I've been into powder foundations and wanted a new one(or new ones..yikes) to love and wear just as a corrector.
I got the free 'Try Me Kit' which comes with 4 or 5 colors in the different shades. However, I am not positive exactly what it comes with because I received 4, but on the site it says 5. I also ordered 2 or 3 extra samples. I am not positive about the number of samples I ordered due to losing the packing slip. I think ordered 7 total and wound up with 8. I also ordered a lucent powder so in total, I wound up with 9 samples. The samples shown are not all of the samples I received.
So back to the first impression. I have tried the Original Glo, Semi-Matte, Matte and Intensive Bases. I also have pictures. I have tried them between one and three times each and have some interesting comments on which I like and dislike. Please keep in mind I have oily skin that I usually like to keep hydrated and have a luminous finish.


First I'll start out with the Intensive Base that I was most excited about. It's described as "Perfectly matte with extra coverage for normal-oily skin types." I thought this would be AMAZING for when I had break outs or was extra oily. However, it feels awful on my skin. It is heavy and yes, does cover well, but it's way too much. It feels like a bad liquid foundation, to be honest. You know, that cakey feeling that won't end regardless of how much powder, blot powder, blot pads, etc you wipe your face with. I'll keep trying it with different ways of applying it but I don't think it'll change.

Next up is the Matte Base which I thought would be decent. I am not a fan of matte foundations but I thought I might be ok with this one since it's a powder. It is described as "Naturally matte, buildable coverage. Full coverage, all skin types, shine free." That's basically what this is. I really enjoy it. It's not heavy like the Intensive base. It does have good coverage but on my worst acne days I don't think it'll cover everything.

Third is the Original Glo Base. The website says it's "Luminous with light reflecting minerals. Medium to full coverage normal to dry skin types." Ummm...not quite there Everyday Minerals! It's basically a sheer, no coverage, greasy loose powder. I don't even know why it feels so bad on my face. It's not luminizing, it's basically just a sheer powder that wears off quite easily. On dry skin types that only need very slight correction, this may be great. I'd stay away if you have oily or combination skin.

Last of all, is the Semi-Matte Base. Described as "Moisturizing silk to satin finish full coverage, all skin types." I do agree, I think any skin type would work well with this foundation, unless you do not like a satin finish. This is what I thought the Original Glo Base would be. It's a satin finish if you apply it with a heavier hand, but  with a light application it's quite luminous and beautiful. It never felt heavy. It feels great.

As far as the lucent powder I purchased(called Viki's Radiant Creation) it's ok. I use it as a blush rather than a face powder. The color is decent, but it's too sparkly as far as I'm concerned.
I also wanted to mention that none of these foundations or the powder are milled finely. They aren't chunky, but it's not quite BareMinerals.


Overall, I will be purchasing, at some point, the Semi-Matte Base and the Matte Base. These are great foundations at least to try out. The website has more to offer than just foundations and face powders, as well. It's listed below as well as my YouTube channel.

I paid for all products on my blog and my YouTube channel unless given by a friend or relative. 

Everyday Minerals Website Here
YouTube Here

No comments:

Post a Comment